Our client is an international high-growth company in the energy industry that has grown exponentially to own and operate a fleet of renewable and thermal assets, located in 20 countries across 4 continents.
For their team in Sofia, the company is now looking to hire a Consolidation Manager who will be responsible for the production of Group IFRS financial reporting (around 200 entities consolidated across 20 different countries). The role provides an opportunity to be working closely with the Group’s global businesses and also act as a main point of contact regarding relevant IFRS reporting matters.
- Support the preparation of the Group’s IFRS financial information, including supporting and reviewing the SAP / BPC consolidation packages prepared by subsidiary finance teams.
- Assess the appropriateness of consolidation accounting including intercompany transaction elimination, consolidation of subsidiaries, associates, and investments.
- Preparation of the consolidated balance sheet, statement of income and associated notes for the consolidated group financial statements.
- Coordinating with external auditors and providing support for audit requests.
- Technical accounting analysis of specific transactions (such as: acquisitions or disposals, IFRS 9 debt and hedge accounting, new IFRS standards implementation).
- Perform consolidation training for new joiners.
- Maintain ERP and Consolidation reporting mapping, accounting structure and rules.
- Implement and maintain reports within SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0 (BPC).
- Support other users on daily basis on the resolution of SAP, BPC or consolidation challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics is required.
- ACCA or other similar qualification is an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years practical work experience, ideally with some experience in a Big 4 environment.
- Experience with the preparation of complex multinational consolidations, including direct experience with consolidation accounting areas such as intercompany transactions, FX revaluation and translation, functional and presentation currencies and financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience with consolidation software, SAP ECC and BPC 10.0 is a plus.
- Fluent in English, written and oral. Other language skills, such as Spanish are an advantage.
- Advanced MS Excel.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability quickly integrate within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, being motivated by the opportunity to add value to the finance function through continuous improvement.
- Team-oriented with a pro-active and positive attitude.