Our client is an international high-growth company in the energy industry that has grown exponentially to own and operate a fleet of renewable and thermal assets, located in 20 countries across 4 continents.
The group manages more than 35 financings for projects based in Africa, the Americas and Europe, on different technologies and with various lending entities (commercial banks, development institutions, investors, etc). Compliance with these financings is very important for the development of the group.
A monitoring process for these financings is in place at corporate level and is further supported by a monitoring tool, centralizing all the commitments taken by the projects pursuant to their financings.
- Approve lenders’ reporting submissions in the system before external communication
- Bring project finance expertise and advice to regional teams on loan matters and waivers, via regular meetings
- Be responsible for drafting and negotiation of waiver and amendment requests with lenders
- Taking an active part on new financing structuring activities
- Other ad-hoc business tasks assigned by the manager
Monitoring tool reporting
- Prepare various reports supporting Debt Compliance monitoring
- Maintain tool users’ matrices and procedures
- Provde support to tool users and to regional finance teams
- Support regional finance teams in the day-to-day use of the tool
- Perform debt compliance training sessions and prepare supporting materials
- Complete finance documentation upload in the tool
Improvements to Debt Compliance Function
- Propose improvements to the current process and tool, based on feedback from users gathered via surveys and own experience
- Leverage data gathered to build up user friendly charts and reports
- A degree in finance, business law or in banking;
- 6+ years’ experience in portfolio management role in a bank or energy company – experience in structured finance would be a plus;
- Proficiency in English;
- Well-developed organizational and communication skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Comfortable with financial contracts;
- Ability to take ownership in job responsibilities;
- Moral integrity, transparency and acceptance of failures as a way to improve.