Our client manages a private equity and growth equity fund focused on investments in Southeast Europe. They have experience in promoting and helping companies realize their full potential and enhance their performance by providing growth capital, strategic guidance, and operating support to strong management teams. They discover companies with a solid track record and potential for a leadership position in their respective industry with competitive business models and an experienced management team. The team brings together extensive international operating experience, expertise and deep industrial knowledge, along with a comprehensive understanding of SME strategic management and finance. The company has a proven track-record of both investing in and managing companies in Bulgaria, including raising substantial amounts of money from a range of investors (high net worth individuals, banks, funds etc.) and completing exits to international strategic buyers.
- Perform detailed market research and identify attractive sectors that meet the fund’s investment strategy;
- Thoroughly assess new investment opportunities;
- Review financial forecasts of investment targets and develop internal financial models;
- Prepare detailed Investment Memoranda that would serve as basis for investment decisions by the fund’s governing bodies;
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders involved in the investment process;
- Be an active member of the Portfolio Operations team during the monitoring phase of existing portfolio companies;
- Participate in all areas of the fund’s activities, gaining unique experience in the field.
- Ambitious self-starter; comfortable in their own skin; able and willing to alternate personal initiative with team work;
- Ability to quickly process large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages; detail-oriented;
- Strong communication skills; excellent presentation ability;
- Intellectually curious; willing to explore the impact of different operating models on commercial, financial and operational aspects of a business;
- Comfortable with uncertainty; thrives under pressure; able to flex working hours to meet deadlines;
- Educational background irrelevant; if you think you have something to offer, you’re welcome to apply;
- Even so, comfort with numbers is a must; CFA/ACCA program participation would be considered an advantage;
- Up to 2 years of work experience in professional services, finance, and other similar settings.
- Fast-moving pace with hands-on, experienced team willing to actively guide team members;
- A dynamic and attractive working environment with significant and varied opportunities for professional and personal development;
- Chance to obtain detailed interdisciplinary understanding of the operating models of fast-growing companies across multiple industries;
- CFA training to be completed with the support of the firm.