For one of our clients, we are looking to hire a Senior Accountant to support an already established team covering a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/ accounting functions in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collection, payroll or another related financial area.
- Collect, process, compile, verify, and analyse primary financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements (profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, debtor and creditor lists, repayment schedules, regulatory reports and filings)
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Input and handle financial data and reports in the company’s automated financial systems.
- Process, classify, code and record financial transactions and post entries to the general ledger.
- Verify and process accounts payable and receivable and other financial transactions.
- Actively participate in committees for material-responsible persons audits and inventories.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits, official representatives of institutions (NRA, NSI, Tax) upon audits, revisions and checks.
- Run independently the entire monthly closing process starting with the raw data collection
- Communicate with local authorities: NRA, NSI, NSSI and Bulgarian bank and similar, providing all mandatory reports (regular and ad hoc)
- Act as point of contact for Accounting system updates and developments initiated by both the business and changes in legislation.
- Support local controlling efforts, working in close collaboration with FBP and FP&A
- Act as point of contact for Global teams and drive all global projects as per annual calendar
- Drive digital roadmap in finance (Support Smart finance project implementation)
- Drive continuous improvement project to simplify processes in Accounting + gain efficiency in daily operations
- University degree in Economics, Accounting or another relevant subject
- 5 + years of accounting/audit execution experience
- Strong knowledge of local Finance law, including VAT, Personal income, Social security, regulations and related law
- Advanced SAP user, knowledge of several ERPs is a plus
- Advanced MS Office user, particularly Excel
- Ability to navigate change management and process complex and changing information
- Strong analytical skills, curios to learn and develop
- Excellent command of English language
- Customer service orientation and proficient communication skills