Our client is LSE listed and FTSE 250 company that develops, acquires and operates electric-power and district-heating resources around the world, many in underserved, overlooked markets. At present, the company owns and operates a portfolio of 107 power generation assets, located in 18 countries on 3 continents, utilizing a wide range of fuel types, technology and equipment. About 59% of its power is generated from traditional sources of fuel such as natural gas and coal and about 41% from renewable sources such as wind, solar and water.
For their accounting team in Sofia, they are now looking to hire a Senior Accountant.
- Performing full month end accounting close for Solar legal entities, including reconciliations for all major balances;
- Management of inter-company transactions including issuing invoices and calculating interests;
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management reports;
- Group quarterly reporting for the Solar Italy companies and dealing with entity auditors;
- Supporting the preparation of local GAAP financial statements and other statutory reports;
- Liaising with Treasury to ensure bank reconciliations are completed timely and accurately;
- Ensuring a strong internal control environment for Solar assets;
- Booking of group ledger only entries in SAP;
- Ensuring compliance with Group policies;
- Ensuring vendors are paid in a timely manner;
- Any other ad hoc tasks, as required by the Finance Manager or other management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other relevant;
- Proficiency in English;
- IFRS expertise;
- SAP experience essential, BPC experience preferred;
- Knowledge of strong internal control environment;
- Strong organization and project management skills;
- Minimum 3 years of proven financial and accounting experience;
- Experience in an international business environment or within an international group is required.
- Excellent remuneration and social benefits package;
- Great opportunities for internal development and promotion;
- To join the team of a stable and expanding company in the energy management sector.